Social and Environmental Responsibility
PDC Construction recognises that concern for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of the business.
We are aware of the impact of our day-to-day operations on the environment; our objective is to balance the need to achieve our business aims with an effort towards sustainable environmental improvement, which can be measured and monitored on a regular basis.
Company management have specific responsibility for policy development, coordination and evaluation of performance. The environmental policy will be maintained and upheld by the designated managers to meet the commitment. Environmental aspects of our processes and activities will be effectively managed in order to protect the health and safety of employees, customers and the public whilst contributing to the future well being of the environment.
We provide the necessary training and support to all employees to ensure that they understand and are able to fulfil the relevant aspects of the policy in their day-to-day work. We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement.
- Regular usage of apprenticeships and up-skilling employees
- Disposal of waste in accordance to environmental considerations
- Usage of local suppliers and workforce
- Awareness of fair treatment of staff, discrimination prevention and evaluating performance
- PDC are proactively engaging and developing socially disadvantaged individuals and groups and constantly working with the local community
Actively aiming for sustainable construction by:
- Reducing waste to landfill and water usage
- Minimising transport by combining material sourcing and
- Site visits in the most cost-effective way
- PDC Construction are an active member of the Considerate Constructor Scheme and are always looking for new and innovative methods of work and construction