Utopia village is a collection of 28 separate commercial units of varying size and layout. These units are situated within a combination of Victorian and 1960’s buildings with a range of tenants from standard offices to specialised sound recording studios.
The offices had been neglected for a number of years and in some cases the units where not fit for use. We were asked to make the complex compliant with current regulations and overhaul the building throughout.
Works consisted of:
- Servicing all boilers & water heaters, and replaced where necessary.
- Treated all flat roof services with new Decothane roofing system.
- Complete overhaul of the drainage from gutter to underground gullies.
- DPC throughout site.
- Installed new alarm system, upgraded all fire fighting equipment and carried out new Fire Risk Assessment.
- Installed new emergency lighting.
- Installed new Air Conditioning units and decommissioned old redundant units.
- Complete rewire of 3 units.
- Masonry repairs to external reinforced concrete façade.
- External decoration to all windows.
Due to the nature of the complex and the varied range of tenants we needed to build a strong relationship with the tenants as access to the all the units was required at various times, often out of normal working hours.
Because of the good relationship that we built with the client and the tenants we were asked to undertake a variety of other reactive works in addition to our original contract and continue to have a strong working partnership with the client.